about libtool

From: Gopi kumaran
Subject: about libtool
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 20:37:43 -0800 (PST)

I dont know what libc iam using.How to check it .coming to libtool problem.I installed libtool and run ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install.It worked well with ./configure command in guile

Jon Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gopi,
It is best if write replies not to me but to address@hidden That
way everyone on the list can see and help. I'm no guru, so it is quite
probable that you'll run into something I can't fix, or that I don't
know the best way to fix.

Do you know what libc you are using? That might help with the alloca
problem. It looks to me like a bug (whether in guile, or in gnu
autotools, or in BSD's libc I don't know), and it'd be best if we could
figure out how to prevent it from happening again for anyone else.

About the first problem you had, with the guile configure script being
unable to find libtool: did you reboot your machine or anything like
that in between having the problem and not having the problem? These
bugs which spontaneously disappear are the hardest to fix permanently.
Regards,
Jon