Re: any ideas on undefined reference

From: Gopi kumaran
Subject: Re: any ideas on undefined reference
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 19:26:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jon
Sorry for the late reply.I was busy with something else, so was not able to mail you.For that guile-config i will let you know in my next mail definitely.My friend is on leave.Regarding make errors, now i dont get any errors,my make command says
"Makefile", line 781: warning: duplicate script for target "libgraph.pc" ignored
make all-recursive
"Makefile", line 781: warning: duplicate script for target "libgraph.pc" ignored

Making all in doc
Making all in man
"Makefile", line 781: warning: duplicate script for target "libgraph.pc" ignored

#
I dont know whether make is complete or not.I think its incomplete.But make install command gives without error, it ends with

libraries have been installed in :
/usr/local/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and specify the full pathname of the library, or use the '-LIBDIR' flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
-add LIBDIR to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH  environment variable during execution
-add LIBDIR to the LD_RUN_PATH enivronment variable during linking
-use the -WI --rpath -WI --rpath LIBDIR linker flag

see any operating system documentation about shared libraries for more information ,such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages

Now can u tell me whether libgraph is completely installed or not?

regards
gopi

Hi Gopi,
What output did make give before and after the error (just several
lines, at LEAST including the call to the compiler or the linker which
caused this error)? What are the values of some of your shell
variables, such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and the contents of the
/etc/ld.so.conf file? Have you run ldconfig as root since making any
changes to libraries? What compiler and linker are you using, name and
version?

It seems as though the linker is not finding the file containing the
main function (from the guile source, not the system libs), but we
cannot tell for sure without seeing the output from make, and the
various other things I listed here.
Regards,
Jon