Re: any ideas on undefined reference

From: Gopi kumaran
Subject: Re: any ideas on undefined reference
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 22:55:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jon
Sorry for confusing you with libgraph.I am trying to use graphics in unix environment with c program.Guile was need by libgraph installlation, so i went for guile.Let us forget about libgraph.Guile was installed exactly as you said from that ftp , tar ,unzip ,configure make and make install.Now it works well with version also.guile-config --version.

- crt1.o - it is related to libgraph so forget it
- alloca -as you said i have given #undef alloca in that c source file
- libtdl not found - i think for that i have downloaded libtool tar file and then run ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install

Never mind for your harsh words, I hope my mail made it so.No more 'libgraph' words in my mail.

You are welcome to ask anything further

regards
Gopi

Jon Wilson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gopi,
Also, we would like the solutions to your problems with:
- crt1.o undefined reference to main
- alloca
- libltdl not found
These would all be exceedingly useful to us.

You have mentioned libgraph again. What does libgraph have to do with
this? Are you installing guile, or are you installing libgraph? Yes,
you might desire to do both, but please let us not confuse the issue by
conflating the two.

"The path which libgraph chooses to put all the guile execution files is
/usr/local/bin"

This makes no sense. Libgraph does not install guile, or if it does,
then any problems with libgraph's installation of guile should properly
be taken up with the libgraph people, not with us. They might then come
to us for help figuring out how to make their installer work, but if
their installer does not work, then that is their concern, not directly
ours. How are you attempting to install guile? I (and everyone else I
suspect) have been working from the assumption that you have downloaded
the guile-1.8.1 source tarball from
"http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile/guile-1.8.1.tar.gz", unpacked it into
a fresh directory, moved into that directory, run ./configure, make, and
make install. Is this what you have done? If so, then what does
libgraph have to do with anything?

I have been attempting to help you solve your problems with really a
bare minimum of information, but I seem to have run up against a wall.
If you do not provide clear and detailed information about what you are
trying to do and how you are trying to go about doing it, I am afraid I
will not really be able to help you any further. I am sorry to be a
little bit harsh, but I feel that that is better than simply giving up
and ignoring any further requests for help.
Regards,
Jon