Re: alloca bug

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: alloca bug
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:00:05 -0600

And here was Kevin's reply:

What I'm thinking is that perhaps there is a needed blob for using
stdlib?

Perhaps, though the previous version from autoconf didn't.  What it
did used to have though was a wrapping #ifndef,

#ifndef alloca
# ifdef __GNUC__
#  define alloca __builtin_alloca
# else
#  ifdef __DECC
#   define alloca(x) __ALLOCA(x)
#  else
#   ifdef _MSC_VER
#    include <malloc.h>
#    define alloca _alloca
#   else
#    if HAVE_ALLOCA_H
#     include <alloca.h>
#    else
#     if defined (_AIX) || defined (_IBMR2)

Who wants to file a bug report?  I don't
mind doing so myself, but I suspect that it is best done by one of our
developers.

Can you put together a minimal failing .c file?  Perhaps what's below
is enough.  I don't have a fleebsd system handy to try.  You can send
it to bug-autoconf saying this has arisen in guile.  Cc guile-devel if
you like.  (You can subscribe to guile-devel but turn off delivery if
you want to post without wanting to read the list.  Nothing exciting
happens on that list anyway. :-)

#include <stdlib.h>

/* This blob per the Autoconf manual (under "Particular Functions"). */
#if HAVE_ALLOCA_H
# include <alloca.h>
#elif defined __GNUC__
# define alloca __builtin_alloca