Re: How could this be implemented?

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: How could this be implemented?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:44:13 -0600

Hi,

Jon Wilson wrote:
Perhaps the best way to implement this would be as an error handler for the Unbound variable error.
Except the more I think about it, the more I suspect that this would in fact require restarts a la common lisp. Why doesn't scheme (except MIT scheme) have restarts, anyway? They are the prettiest error handling mechanism I've ever heard of.
Regards,
Jon

PS: just found R5.91RS, which does seem to have a sort of a minimal restart feature. That does look better.