Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.

From: Hugh Sasse
Subject: Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:21:38 +0000 (WET)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Kevin Ryde wrote:

> Hugh Sasse <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > posix.c: In function 'scm_putenv':
> > posix.c:1332: error: 'len' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> Thanks.  Dodgy conditionals :-(.  You can use the "len" at the start
> of the function (claiming to be for mingw).

Right, I'll have a look at this.

> Does that mean there's no unsetenv() on solaris?  You might next have
bash-2.05$ man -s 2 unsetenv
No entry for unsetenv in section(s) 2 of the manual.
bash-2.05$ man -s 3 unsetenv
No entry for unsetenv in section(s) 3 of the manual.
bash-2.05$ man -k unsetenv
unsetenv        set (1)         - shell built-in functions to determine the
characteristics for environmental variables of the current shell and its
descendents

so not callable from C directly...

> to check if the fallback code actually works.  I've got a worrying
> suspicion it ought to be putenv("FOO") but is doing putenv("FOO=") for

bash-2.05$ man -k putenv
pam_putenv      pam_putenv (3pam)   - change or add a value to the PAM
environment
putenv          putenv (3c)     - change or add value to environment
Tcl_PutEnv      Tcl_PutEnv (3)  - procedures to manipulate the environment
Tcl_PutEnv      Tcl_PutEnv (3)  - procedures to manipulate the environment
bash-2.05$

The manual page says it should be of the form "name=value" and the
string should not be automatic. In a function it should be declared
static.

> the benefit of DOS.  (Could need yet another configure check ...)

        HTH
        Hugh