Re: about usage of `sigaction'

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: about usage of `sigaction'
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:22:05 +1100

William Xu <address@hidden> writes:

> i wrote a simple echo server/client. To catch SIGCHLD signal, i install
> a signal handler before first `connect'. The problem is that when the
> client exits, the handler seems not called.

I expect you've checked with "ps" that the child has actually exited.
Otherwise I would wonder if the parent is stuck in accept, and doesn't
take the scheme level signal action until it returns.

I've had doubts about the timeliness of signal delivery in 1.8, but
haven't had a chance to look at it properly.  (I tinkered with
SIGPIPE, it seemed to be delivered to the scheme level at a point a
couple of function calls later then the "display" or whatever that
provoked it.  Perhaps some judiciously inserted SCM_TICKs would help.)