ANN: SDOM project development release 0.4.1

From: Julian Graham
Subject: ANN: SDOM project development release 0.4.1
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 21:37:49 -0500

Hi Schemers,

I'm pleased to announce that the SDOM project has released version
0.4.1, our fourth development release.  This version features
significant performance enhancements, and newly-added support for
Document Types and XML entities and entity references.  The
documentation has been expanded to cover the full set of properties
for all node types defined in the DOM recommendation, and many bugs
have been fixed since the 0.4 release; the NEWS file in the
distribution contains specific details.

SDOM is an attempt to provide a complete implementation of the W3C
Document Object Model Level 3 specification, including event handling,
in Scheme, as an extension of Oleg Kiselyov's SXML system.

At the moment, SDOM is been developed in (and has only been tested on)
GNU Guile, but could certainly be ported to any interpreter platform
on which SXML runs.  For more information, swing by
http://www.nongnu.org/sdom or check out our project page on Savannah,
at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sdom -- you can pick up the
release from the downloads section.

Cheers,