Re: ANN: Guile-Reader 0.3, A Reader Framework for Guile

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: ANN: Guile-Reader 0.3, A Reader Framework for Guile
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:42:45 -0500 (EST)

> From: Mario Storti <address@hidden>
>
> I suggest a section in the manual "Guile reader for
> dummies" with instructions like this.

Oh, please don't call it that.  "For dummies" may be a
registered trademark, and they can keep it.  I think
putting that in the title shows disrespect for your
readers, and I will not read a book with such a title.
(Partly from principle, but partly because every time I
have skimmed such a book it was obvious at a glance
that it was worthless.)

> From: address@hidden (Ludovic =?iso-8859-1?Q?Court=E8s?=)
>
> Now, it would probably be a good idea to have a
> "quick start" section in the manual...

That's not a bad name.  Or "Short Examples", or
"Executive Summary", or "Getting Started", or "For
Beginners".  That last one perhaps focuses too much on
the reader, when the focus should be on the content of
the chapter, but at least it is not a flagrant insult.

--
     -- Keith Wright

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop
    <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>