ANN: guile-r6rs-libs 0.0, a (very partial) implementation of R6RS libs

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: ANN: guile-r6rs-libs 0.0, a (very partial) implementation of R6RS libs
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:21:22 +0100

Hello,

I am pleased to announce version 0.0 of `guile-r6rs-libs' for Guile 1.8:

  http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/guile/guile-r6rs-libs-0.0.tar.gz

The SHA-1 sum of this file is:

  a31fc8a11acf8f63335ea165768e8bda3f564b32  guile-r6rs-libs-0.0.tar.gz

The goal of this package is to provide an implementation of a useful
subset of the (forthcoming) R6RS standard libraries [0].  The package
name is currently a bit of an overstatement since only the bytevector
API [1] is implemented, along with a subset of the port I/O interface
related to binary I/O [2].  Thus, this release provides convenient means
to implement a variety of things requiring binary I/O, including binary
protocols (e.g., ONC RPC) and binary file parsing (e.g., EXIF, ID3).
The package comes with no documentation so users are expected to refer
to [1] and [2].

Note that the final R6RS document is _not_ yet available.  Thus, the
interfaces implemented by `guile-r6rs-libs' are those specified as of
the R5.92RS draft, which are subject to eventual modifications.  This
may be the case with the (partially implemented) I/O interface.  The
bytevector API is likely to not change much, though.  For more
information, read or subscribe to the `r6rs-discuss' mailing-list [3].

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://r6rs.org/
[1] http://www.r6rs.org/document/lib-html/r6rs-lib-Z-H-4.html#node_chap_2