Re: functional datastractures

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: functional datastractures
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:41:51 +0100

Hi,

Klaus Schilling <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there already attempts to provide truly functional data structures
> a la Okasaki for guile? I guess srfi-40 will be necessary to achieve
> most of them efficiently.

I guess you're referring to lazy data structures [0]?  I haven't looked
into it but perhaps `(ice-9 streams)' could suffice?

On a similar note, I recently contemplated the idea of implementing
Vlists [1] but haven't got any further than pure contemplation.  ;-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.

[0] http://www.eecs.usma.edu/webs/people/okasaki/pubs.html#lazy
[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VList