Re: for those who care about Scheme level structures

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: for those who care about Scheme level structures
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:21:51 +0200

"Ludovic Courts" wrote:
> It's a valuable document but more like a tutorial,
> so I don't think it belongs in the reference manual.

If this is the taylor-cut for the manual, fine.

> The `guile-core' module has a `doc/tutorial' directory
> but I guess the material in there is largely outdated.

Only on the C interface.

> Nevertheless, it might make sense to revive that
> tutorial and put your work on structures in there.
> What do you think?

IMHO "guile-tut" should be updated, but not with the
addition of much material. It is better to remove the
unfinished sections and the C interface related
sections, so that it becomes a fast-read introduction
to Guile. It would be easier to maintain it that way.

I can try such a clean up, and propose a document
for review.

If it is fine with you: you can create a "doc/contrib"
directory in which to put monothematic documents. If
there are no problems, I use GNU FDL.

--
Marco Maggi

"They say jump!, you say how high?"
Rage Against the Machine - "Bullet in the Head"