Re: current module fluid

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: current module fluid
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 17:16:28 -0400

Hi Ludovic,
Thanks for the swift reply. However, I meant to ask whether or not the fluid "the_module" is accessible from scheme as a fluid. We can easily see:

guile> (fluid? (current-module))
#f

So the value returned by (current-module) is not a fluid, and thus my shortened version of load-with-env will not work. Furthermore, (although I expected this to work even less...)

guile> (fluid? current-module))
#f

Regards,
Jon

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi,

Jon Wilson <address@hidden> writes:

I was poking around the source (guile-core/libguile/modules.c), and
noticed that the current toplevel module is stored in a fluid named
(in C, anyway) "the_module". Is this fluid accessible from scheme?

Yes, using `(current-module)'.

Thanks,
Ludovic.