Re: rfc (define-module ... #:use-modules ...)

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: rfc (define-module ... #:use-modules ...)
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 16:23:55 +0200

Hi!

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> sounds reasonable.  below is a work-in-progress sketch
> that dreamers (-: or insomniacs who want to dream) might
> find interesting.  the manifesto is still bubbling, but
> only time will tell...

I'm not sure I fully understand what `check-r6rs-library' does (and I
don't have `(ice-9 accumulate)' also...).

At any rate, one thing that is sure is that unfortunately, we don't have
phase separation in Guile (unless Guile 1.4 significantly diverged from
1.[68] in that respect).  Since this is one of the foundations of R6RS
libraries, we'd have a hard time implementing them.  My guess is that
we'd better rewrite the interpreter altogether (in Scheme or a subset
thereof) to have one more "manageable", amenable to deep changes like
this...

Thanks,
Ludovic.