Re: Guile and Curses

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Guile and Curses
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:35:26 +0100

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> [3] http://gano.sourceforge.net/

Hi Mike,

Gano is very interesting.  I agree with you that it would make a great
"toy" program.

Are you aware of the Emacs Lisp translation code in 1.8.x, in
lang/elisp/* ?  I haven't touched it for a while, but in principle
(and when completed) it would allow an editor such as Gano to reuse
Emacs Lisp libraries - as long as the editor and Guile jointly provide
a sufficient set of Emacs-like primitives.

(This doesn't mean that Gano would have to be an exact clone of base
Emacs, just that it has to provide equivalent function.  We can write
code for any primitive mapping that is needed.)

One detail I couldn't understand: how does the use of GtkTextBuffer go
with being a console application?

Regards,
        Neil