Re: Guile 1.8.2 Compile Error [GAH]

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Guile 1.8.2 Compile Error [GAH]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:00:59 -0800 (PST)

> From: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
>
> "Kevin Brott"  writes:
>
> > Still baffled - but haven't given up yet.
>
> Going back to your original report... all of the compile errors were
> triggered on lines containing "func_data".  Is it possible that you're
> somehow pulling in a header which #defines func_data to be something
> else (including a .) ?  What happens if you change all occurrences of
> "func_data" to "xxx_func_data" and then build again?

This is probably it.  I did almost get Guile 1.6.x to compile on the ancient
AIX 4.2.1.0 (using xlc) a couple of years back.  To make it build, I remember
having to change "func_data" to "funk_data" in a few places to avoid some
internal definition.

Sorry I didn't mention this before, but, I'd forgotten until Neil mentioned it.

--
Mike Gran