Re: Call for contributions to update the project list

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Call for contributions to update the project list
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 00:24:58 +0100

Hi,

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> my stuff works w/ (unofficial) guile 1.4.x.
> would it be welcome on that page?
>
> i suppose the deeper question is, do you think newcomers would
> enjoy variety?  (i would say yes, personally, from when i was a
> newcomer, but maybe i'm just weird.)

He he, that's a tough question.  ;-)

My personal opinion is that we could have a link to Guile 1.4's main
page (say, in the "Core Projects" section), but adding links to
1.4-based projects may lead to confusion since they won't work out of
the box with the Guile that's offered for download on this very web
site.

What do others think?

(My deeper feeling about this "schism" is that it's unfortunate
for the Guile community, to say the least.)

Thanks,
Ludovic.