Re: my error message"ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link"

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: my error message"ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link"
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:21:37 +0000

emerzak <address@hidden> writes:

> hello friends
> i have installed chart program in my mandriva powerpack 2008.i have
> installed all guile dependencies.but the message error is alwyas here.
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file: "libguilegtk-1.2", message: "/usr/lib/libguilegtk-1.2.so.0:
> undefined symbol: scm_thread_count"
> i want to inform that the program that i want to use is chart-46 de kevin
> ryde the link is
> http://www.geocities.com/user42_kevin/chart/manual/index.html
> i hope that you will help me.
> cordialement

I'm not very familiar with chart, but this page here -
http://www.geocities.com/user42_kevin/chart/manual/Installing.html -
says that you should have guile-gtk 2.0 installed in order to run
chart-46.  Your error message above suggests that you have guile-gtk
version 1.2 installed.

If that's the case, please try uninstalling guile-gtk 1.2, installing
guile-gtk 2.0, and then reconfiguring and rebuilding chart.

Regards,
        Neil