Re: trouble with scm_display_backtrace in guile 1.8.3

From: RenéKöcher
Subject: Re: trouble with scm_display_backtrace in guile 1.8.3
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:47:24 +0000 (UTC)

Ludovic Courtès <ludo <at> gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> (I must confess I'd be more comfortable with the same piece of code in
> Scheme...  Generally, I find it more convenient to have the boot code as
> a Guile script which then loads all the relevant pieces of C code.
> Scheme code is also less likely to break with future Guile versions.)

I agree with you on this but I'm trying to integrate guile within the vim editor
and a extern scheme bootup file just won't fit in
(neither does embedded scheme source..).

> Presumably STACK is `#f' here, can you confirm it (e.g., by
> `scm_write'ing it)?  If so, then this means that `SCM_DEBUG_P' is
> somehow not taken into account.
Seems that this _was_ the case but I got backtraces working now.

Sadly I'm not really sure about the 'how' and 'why'..
my ports partition crashed yesterday and so I had to reinstall
guile and allother macports packages and now my backtraces work
as expected... *weird*
But thanks anyway,

Shirk