Re: Trigger action at exit?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Trigger action at exit?
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:53:08 +0100

Hi,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> In the light of this thread, and another one about atexit in AutoGen,
> perhaps we should look at providing a Scheme-level at-exit primitive?
> The main point, I think, would be to guarantee that anything
> registered by (at-exit ...) or scm_at_exit (...) would run _before_
> Guile starts doing its own cleanups.

Here, with only Scheme code, `dynamic-wind' should do the job.

In the AutoGen case, where C code is involved, that might be necessary.
OTOH, the AutoGen folks might as well be able to use `dynamic-wind', who
knows?  :-)

(I tend to be reluctant to adding such a thing because it looks
fragile.)

Thanks,
Ludo'.