Re: CGI scripting with Guile

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: CGI scripting with Guile
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 02:41:39 +0200

Quoth Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>:
> What does the client see for the second case?

I will use a Guile http request and hopefully then I'll be able to give
you an intelligent answer.

> I think both cases are malformed; IIRC, HTTP header lines need to end
> in CRLF, not just LF.

How is that achieved (in scheme (lisp) forms)?

> [...]
> Also, you need to call `cgi:init'.

cgi:init is a little... dark... in terms of documentation.

  (procedure-source cgi:init)

isn't much help... (yet).

> Appended is examples/id.cgi.in (you will need to do the @VAR@
> substitutions manually and remove the `load-from-path' calls) from the
> Guile-WWW 2.21 distribution, for example.

I have 2.21... it will be a while before I take this all in.

>    The additional line works in a
>    guile process running on the server.
>
> Maybe the server is lucky; some systems are (sometimes) slackful.

Maybe the machines live on in the end.