Re: request to shutdown projects

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: request to shutdown projects
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:13:29 +0200

Hi,

Keith Wright <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: "Marco Maggi" <address@hidden>
>>
>> <http://download.gna.org/mcl/not-forever/gee.tar>
>>
>> It is telling that nobody stepped out saying "I have a copy of the
>> source, let's find a place to host it", mh?
>
> I don't know about telling, but I am asking
> why the Subject: header says "Re: <new subject>"?
>
> I use emacs to read mail, save almost all,
> but a search of Subject: headers shows
> no occurrence of "shutdown".  Where did this
> come from?

This thread:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.guile.bugs/3847

> What's in the tar file?

GEE, a collection of Guile bindings to various useful libraries that
Marco has abandoned *and* removed from the web (well, until this
message).

> What have you done to Marco?

See https://gna.org/support/?1913 .

(Which is not a reason to be angry at Guile users IMO...)

Thanks,
Ludovic.