Re: Debian guile-1.8 and ttn guile-pg

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: Debian guile-1.8 and ttn guile-pg
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:18:39 -0400

I ma pretty sure that 1.6 and 1.8 behave the same way when one loads a
.so when in a module context.  It's just that 1.8 no longer has the code
that satisfies a require by loading a .so.

So the export statements that David posted from debian look fine to me,
and the least confusing way to do things.  define-public isn't right,
because the symbol is defined after loading the .so, just not exported.