Re: packaging a guile module, call/cc tutorial

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: packaging a guile module, call/cc tutorial
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 09:14:34 +0200

⎛⎞ "John Trammell" <address@hidden>
⎝⎠ Fri, 30 May 2008 14:28:45 -0500

   I'd like to tar up and make available as a GPL'ed installable
   package.  Can any of you point me to documentation or an
   example of how to do that?  I have something cobbled together
   with a Makefile but I'd like to think there's a more
   sophisticated solution out there.

Not terribly sophisticated, but i can recommend Guile-WWW[0].

Pros:
- includes documentation (=> doc extraction/munging)
- includes testing (=> "make check" => pre-install usage)
- uses "standard" autotools methodology
- supports Guile 1.4.x and later

Cons:
- no C bits

For C bits, i don't know of any definitive cross-version methodology
yet.  The one i use, which requires 1.4.x support, is boiled down
into the cmod-play package[1].  All the other gnuvola.org/software
that have C bits (e.g., Guile-PG) are based on it.  On my todo
list is to find a path towards such a unified methodology; if/when
that happens, cmod-play will be updated to reflect my findings.

thi

[0] http://www.gnuvola.org/software/guile-www/
[1] http://www.gnuvola.org/software/cmod-play/