Re: packaging a guile module, call/cc tutorial

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: packaging a guile module, call/cc tutorial
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 16:16:25 +0100

2008/5/30 John Trammell <address@hidden>:
> Hi Guile users:
>
> I have a guile issue and a scheme issue I'm hoping you can help me
> with.  My guile issue is that I've built a rudimentary module
> (following the code in
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Creating-Guile-Modules.html)
> that I'd like to tar up and make available as a GPL'ed installable
> package.  Can any of you point me to documentation or an example of
> how to do that?  I have something cobbled together with a Makefile but
> I'd like to think there's a more sophisticated solution out there.

This is something I'm conscious of, but currently we have no nice
solution AFAIK.

My idea of what would be a nice solution is that

- it would be trivial for the package author to produce a tarball (or
whatever) for others to download

- when a user downloaded and installed that package, the installation
would automatically take place according to the user's distribution's
packaging system.

> My scheme problem is this: I've been beating my head against the
> call/cc examples I've been able to dredge up, but not feeling like
> I've fully mastered the concept.  Can anyone interested please chime
> in on either their favorite resource on call/cc, or an example they
> found useful when learning the concept?

Perhaps you're overestimating the concept, and have in fact understood
it?  What do you think you don't understand?

Regards,
         Neil