Re: Me no understand scoping

From: Maciek Godek
Subject: Re: Me no understand scoping
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:21:42 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden>:

>> How to achieve this effect without using eval?
>> (I've tried (+ . l) but it didn't work out)
>
> (apply + l)

Correct :)
Here comes another one:
Suppose I want to define a variable, but I don't know its name
-- it is contained in another variable. For example:
(define a 'b)
I want to assign a value to the symbol "contained" in a.
(that would be b in this example). The problem is that "define"
quotes its first argument. How to achieve it?

>> Yeah, I always write additional layers so the code corresponds to the
>> way I think. (Everybody does, don't they?)
>
> Yes!

'(:-)