Re: ./configure cannot compute sizeof errors in guile 1.8.x

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: ./configure cannot compute sizeof errors in guile 1.8.x
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:27:31 +0200

Hi,

Dan Gerstein <address@hidden> writes:

>    After a lot of serious web searching and trying everything I could
> think of, I thought I'd ask you guys for help. On my Nokia n810, guile
> fails to ./configure with an error complaining it cannot compute
> sizeof (char). Removing that line from the configure script will cause
> it to fail on the next sizeof block as well. My config.log can be
> found here: http://pastebin.com/m170f24b2

Your `config.log' reads:

  ./conftest
  ./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.7: cannot open

This clearly indicates that `libltdl.so.7' is not in the directories
listed in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  That's what makes `configure' fail to
compute `sizeof'.

Besides, I once wrote Maemo packages for Guile 1.8 with MUD
(http://mud-builder.garage.maemo.org/):
https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/mud-builder-users/2007-October/thread.html .

Thanks,
Ludovic.