Re: PATCH [0/12]: Guile-DBI and Guile-DBD-Postgres

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: PATCH [0/12]: Guile-DBI and Guile-DBD-Postgres
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 01:00:06 +0200

2008/9/19 Linas Vepstas <address@hidden>:

> I'm posting here -- although there used to be guile-dbi-user and
> guile-dbi-devel
> mailing lists, these had no subscribers, and quickly filled with spam, as
> evidenced by their mail archives. I've applied to get an account on gna.org
> to post the patches there, but its been a week, and my account application
> still hasn't gone through :-( It also appears that the original maintainer,
> Maurizio Boriani, is not responding to email. Bummer.

Can anyone provide firm evidence regarding whether guile-dbi is now
maintained or unmaintained?

If it is unmaintained, I guess we could consider merging it into the
core Guile distribution.  Any thoughts on that?

Also, can anyone provide a summary of all the DB-related libraries for
Guile?  I believe there's guile-pg, and guile-sqlite, but (i) there
could be others I've forgotten, and (ii) it would be great if someone
could summarize how they differ / overlap / compare with each other.

> The patches fix a variety of different crashes and hangs, and also fix
> problems with missing data (e.g. for a query with N records, only N-1
> were being returned -- bad news when N=1)

Cool, thanks.  If it turns out to make sense to pull guile-dbi into
core Guile, I guess we'll review and incorporate these patches at that
time.

Regards,
     Neil