with-throw-handler -- how did I go this far without it

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: with-throw-handler -- how did I go this far without it
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:09:45 +0100

While reviewing the Guile manual this morning, trying to figure out how
to shoehorn the VM into it, I ran across the section on
`with-throw-handler', which is like `catch' but does modify the dynamic
context from which the throw occured.

In short: arrrrgh! I've wanted this for years and I didn't know it
existed! I've had to put up with crap backtraces for a long time, just
because some intermediate code did a catch and rethrow, losing the
initial context and thus the backtrace -- argh.

Hopefully everyone already knew about this, but I write in case someone
did not.

Happy hacking,

Andy
--