Re: Guile release planning

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: Guile release planning
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:05:07 -0600

2008/11/11 Andy Wingo <address@hidden>:

>> Any ideas for binary compatibility for the "micro" revisions?
>
> I think it needs to be guaranteed.
>
>> I recently discovered that a library compiled against 1.8.3
>> would core dump when used with an application compiled
>> against 1.8.5.

Ludovic asked:
> Do you remember what caused it?

I didn't bother to investigate; I recomipled and the
problem went away.

> --enable-threads, or vice versa. Probably what happened to you?

Don't think so. The 1.8.3 was from Ubuntu Hardy. I assume
it had threads turned on; but I wasn't yet using threads at that
time, so I don't know. The 1.8.5 was self-built. I did not
specify --enable-threads, this seemed to be on automatically.

--linas