Re: Guile release planning

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Re: Guile release planning
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 22:54:13 -0500

Hi Neil,

Neil Jerram wrote:
2008/11/11 Jon Wilson <address@hidden>:
Hi Neil,
Thanks for working on this.  I'd favor the steady new features model, but I
would recommend periodically marking a release as one that will be supported
past the next release, similar to Ubuntu's LTS releases.

Why?  It seems to me that that would encourage exactly the kind of
community fragmentation that I'm aiming to reduce.

Well, now that you ask, and what with me in the middle of some evil E&M homework (ref: J.D. Jackson), I really can't remember. It is possible that it simply wasn't well thought out: "It seems to work well for Ubuntu, so it should work for everything!", but I'm not sure. :-/

Regards,
Jon