Re: Compiling guile-1.8.5 on a recent Cygwin with libtool 2.2.6

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Compiling guile-1.8.5 on a recent Cygwin with libtool 2.2.6
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:13:19 +0100

Hi Mike,

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> Since cygwin has pushed up its libtool to 2.2.6 and Guile uses libtool
> 1.5.x, this mismatch can cause a compilation failure.
>
> To work around this, you can try the following
>
> I have attached 5 small patches configure.in.patch, Makefile.am.patch,
> guile.c.patch, srfi-14.c.patch and posix.c.patch.

Thanks for the patches!  I've started looking into this.  The
`srfi-14.c' and `posix.c' patches are no longer needed; the `guile.c'
patch has been in the pipeline for some time; the `configure.in' patch
appears to be required, despite the fact that Libtool is supposed to
honor the now-deprecated macros that we used; the `Makefile.am'
shouldn't be needed, at list not in HEAD from what I've seen.

Ludo'.