Re: Compiling guile-1.8.5 on a recent Cygwin with libtool 2.2.6

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Compiling guile-1.8.5 on a recent Cygwin with libtool 2.2.6
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:47:16 -0800 (PST)

Ludo'

> Thanks for the patches!  I've started looking into this.  The
> `srfi-14.c' and `posix.c' patches are no longer needed; the `guile.c'
> patch has been in the pipeline for some time; the `configure.in' patch
> appears to be required, despite the fact that Libtool is supposed to
> honor the now-deprecated macros that we used; the `Makefile.am'
> shouldn't be needed, at list not in HEAD from what I've seen.

It is true that the Makefile.am patch is unnecessary, except to quiet a warning
given by libtoolize.  IIRC, newer versions of automake will know to scan
configure.[in|ac] for m4 subdirectories, but, older versions of automake do
not.  Yet, there are probably no systems with old automake and new libtool.

-Mike