Running files from command-line vs. load'ing them

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Running files from command-line vs. load'ing them
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:27:17 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on a project which defines a guile module in C and then uses this new interpreter for running some Scheme code. I have to admit that I'm relatively new to Guile, so I may well have done something completely wrong.

However, everything seems to work quite fine. Unfortunatelly, there's a strange thing I've came across:

$ myguile -L ..
guile> (load "program.scm")

works just fine, whereas

$ myguile -L .. program.scm
ERROR: In procedure string-contains:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting string): #<winder b7d6e360>

I tried to find out more about the problem using --debug in addition on the commandline, but then it again works fine.

While I would happily accept that I did something completely wrong in my program, it seems to me as if there's some bug with Guile also. As I understand it, all three calls above should (more or less) do the same thing. Or shouldn't they?

Thank you very much,
Daniel