Guile module system problem

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: Guile module system problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:18:28 +0100

Hi, I've been trying to move some of my code into
loadable guile modules. I made a directory "modules"
in my project tree and moved the module in there.

I ran into some problems. Here's how I load the
module:
(set! %load-path (cons "." %load-path))
(load-module (modules goose))
At this point, guile signals an error (unbound variable).

Here's how the module looks like:
(define-module (modules goose)
  :use-module (oop goops)
  :replace (slot-ref))

(define slot-ref (make-procedure-with-setter slot-ref slot-set!))

And at this point guile complains that slot-ref is unbound.

I've been trying several combinations, like inserting
(use-modules (oop goops)) before the redefinition,
but the error seems to be imvunerable to this.

Regards