Re: bindings for free identifiers in (ice-9 syncase)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: bindings for free identifiers in (ice-9 syncase)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:04:19 +0100

Hi Julian,

Just to add to the melee, I have been thinking hard about this too.
Somehow output produced by a macro must have its free identifiers scoped
in the module that was current when the macro was defined.

This could mean that syntax objects need a new field, and that output
should be serialized with the `@@' syntax, but I don't know right now.

I really want this within a couple of months though. But I would of
course be delighted to find that someone else has already implemented
this!

BTW if you haven't read it, I recommend the "Beautiful Code" paper on
syntax-case. See http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/pubs.html.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/