Re: scheme (format) question

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: scheme (format) question
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

> (define (my-format bool string . list-of-nums)
>  (apply format bool string (map set-precision list-of-nums)))
>
> (let ((a 2.0)
>       (b 1/4)
>       (c 1/3))
>  (my-format #t "~&~a ~a ~a" a b c))

Kjetil,

Awesome. Thanks. I knew there was something simple,
I just couldn't figure it out. That little dot helps
alot! And now for my next question...

Is there a way for a pair within an alist to retrieve
values from other pairs within the same alist? I know
the following code doesn't work, because "my-alist"
is still undefined when I'm calling it, but is there
a way to make it do what I want?

(define my-alist
  `((a 1)
    (b ,(+ 1 (cadr (assq 'a my-alist))))))