Re: make-regexp on mingw

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: make-regexp on mingw
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 13:40:36 -0500

2009/5/2 Richard Shann <address@hidden>:
> In porting GNU Denemo to windows I noticed that make-regexp is not
> present. I found an obscure comment in one file that indicates this is a
> known limitation. Can anyone confirm this? Are there some release notes
> that I should have seen?
> Is it a problem that is likely to be fixed?

FWIW, I work with another app (completely unrelated
to guile) that uses basic, simple, straightforeward
regexp's from the C library.  Initial feedback from
windows users seems  to be that the windows world
has no f**ing idea of what a regexp is; its not in
windows, its not supported by Microsoft. Somewhere,
there's some port of (gnu?) regexp libs to windows,
but rank-n-file windows programmers that I deal with
don't seem to know how to download/compile/build/install
such things.

You may have better luck with this; I don't know how to
code on windows, so I punted.

--linas