Re: Newbie early adopter 1.90 autogen error

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Newbie early adopter 1.90 autogen error
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:34:43 +0100

tbrooke <address@hidden> writes:

> This may go in the dev forum but I get the following in autogen.sh when
> trying to compile on Fedora 10
>
> configure.in:41: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>
> There may be a simple solution but I'm new
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

When you start from a release tarball, you shouldn't run autogen.sh
yourself.  You only need to do ./configure && make.

(autogen.sh is for developers working from the Git repository, and
requires various extra tools to be in place.)

Now that you have run a bit of autogen.sh, you may need to unpack
again from a vanilla tarball, to get back to a clean state.

Hope that helps.

     Neil