Re: Guile regular expressions are too greedy

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guile regular expressions are too greedy
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:32:12 +0200

Chris Dennis <address@hidden> writes:

> Unfortunately the name of the font really is "Nimbus Sans L" -- it's
> the fact that font names can contain spaces that causes the problem,
> and means that I can't use ([^ ]+) to match the font name.

Aaah, I understand.

Then it may be that POSIX regexps are too inflexible for that job.

Perhaps you could use something like SRFI-13's `string-tokenize' to
split the string into individual words, and then write your own
processor to determine which words are part of the font name, and which
words are font hints.

Thanks,
Ludo'.