Re: scm_shell in C-Thread - Quit vs. Terminal Corruption

From: vimml
Subject: Re: scm_shell in C-Thread - Quit vs. Terminal Corruption
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:43:47 +0200

Hej,

thank you both :)

> >> shellprompt ~ $ shellprompt ~ $ shellprompt ~ $
> >
> > I didn't quite understand everything,
Ok, that was a little cryptic, just to clarify myself, I meant:
shellprompt ~ $ echo "hello"
hello
shellprompt ~ $ guile myscript.scm
<output>
shellprompt ~ $

At this point hittig return does no longer break lines, thus resulting in
shellprompt ~ $ shellprompt ~ $ shellprompt ~ $

I hope it is clearer now :)

> > "stty sane" should fix this problem.
> Alternatively, reset(1) will return the terminal in a normal state.
I was actually hoping to find out how to avoid the situation at all, but
knowing this the testing should be more convenient now :)

Kai.