Re: Interesting Behavior of 'append!' In Local Context

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: Interesting Behavior of 'append!' In Local Context
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 18:09:03 -0500

On Oct 17, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Eric McDonald wrote:

Notice that 'v1' does not seem to be re-initialized in the second
invocation of 'foo'. Interestingly, if I run 'bar' with the same data,
the problem does not manifest itself:

Literals are literally literal.  That is to say:

(define (itsaliteral) '(42 42))

(eqv? (itsaliteral) (itsaliteral)) => #t

It is an error to modify literals, but it is also not required by R5RS to detect and inform of such erroneous modification. It is, however, not an error to rely on the eqv?-ness of repeated access of literals, as I do in the example above.

--
Sorry but you say Nibiru is a Hoax?  Doesnt Exist?  So maybe The
Sumerian people doesnt exist also! --Anonymous by way of SkI