Gucu-0.4 release: Guile bindings for Ncurses

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Gucu-0.4 release: Guile bindings for Ncurses
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:33:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi-

I pushed a new release of my Guile bindings for Ncurses: project GuCu.

I used the previous version (0.3) quite a bit, and, I hated it.  Too
cumbersome.  This current release is easier to use, IMHO, but, is
incompatible with the previous version.

Printing a bolded character before with gucu-0.3

(addch win (logior A_BOLD (char->integer #\a)))

Now with gucu-0.4

(addch win (bold #\x))

gucu-0.4 can be found at http://gano.sourceforge.net

It works for me with Guile 1.8.x, and may work with with 1.6.x and 2.0.x.
It seems to build correctly on my Fedora GNU/Linux box, Cygwin, and sometimes
builds with OpenBSD.

The docs haven't been fully audited with the current changes.

I would very much appreciate it if you would please try to build it and
let me know how it goes.  This release is just a testing release.

I intend that the next release (0.5) will be good and stable enough
for actual use.

Thanks,

Mike Gran