ERROR: Stack overflow in guile-1.8.7

From: Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo
Subject: ERROR: Stack overflow in guile-1.8.7
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 14:49:23 +0100

Hi all.
I'm on an AMD64 linux system. I succesfully compiled and installed
guile-1.8.7, but when I try to run guile I get the:
ERROR: Stack overflow
error message, and I can't reach the repl. "make check" however passes
smoothly. I read about this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2009-03/msg00114.html
and yes, for me too setting the stack limit to 60'000 in eval.c solves
the issue. How can I circumvent/solve this problem without resorting
to patching the sources?
Tell me if you need any more details about my system setup.

I tried today branch_1.8 snapshot to see if the problem is still
present, but here "make check" stops with an unrelated error (which
probably deserves a different thread).

Cheers,
antonio.
--