Re: Is Guile Useful to a Scheme Noob

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Is Guile Useful to a Scheme Noob
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:52:37 -0200

Le Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:57:03 -0500,
"Andrew C. Suttles" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> 1) Is Guile used by anyone to create standalone apps, or is it primarily an
> language to be imbedded into other language apps?  Given that it cannot be
> compiled to native code, I'd assume it's mainly used for light scripting and
> the
> extension language stuff.

I have written 7 applications and 3 intranet web page 'generators' industrially
used every day [some of them since many years]. Entirely written in scheme
[guile -
no C code], I intensively used ans still uses goops. They all connect to a
postgres
[large] db and uses guile-gnome for the GUI.

Cheers,
David