Re: Is Guile Useful to a Scheme Noob

From: David Fang
Subject: Re: Is Guile Useful to a Scheme Noob
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 12:07:19 -0500 (EST)

Neil Jerram wrote (on Fri, 18 Dec 2009 at 00:42 +0000):
[snip]
Why not give Guile a quick try?  I'm sure it should be able to interpret
SICP's code.
Regards,
        Neil

Neil -
Thanks for the encouragement. A helpful/informative post like this is just the
nudge I needed to take the leap into the world of Guile/Scheme.
Thanks for the info.
Andrew

Hi,
Just to toss in my $.02, I was able to teach myself Scheme using guile (1.6 and 1.8) a few years ago by going through the SICP book, and now I use it regularly for development. There were very few minor differences that you'll be able to find along the way. I wish I wrote all those down as I went along, but they were easy enough to figure out.
Happy scheme-ing.

Fang

David Fang
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/