duplicate-handlers issue

From: Tristan Colgate
Subject: duplicate-handlers issue
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:05:18 +0000

Hi,

  [This is actually using 1.9, but I think I'm probably doing
something wrong rather than it being a bug]

  I have a module that uses a lazy binder. Under 1.9 it is working
fine but I get warnings about symbol duplication (the lazy binder is
quite aggressive and will match just about anything)under 1.8 I didn't
get the warnings, but they seem reasonable.

  To try and get rid of the warnings I've tried implementing a custom
duplicate-handlers method to defer any duplicates from my lazy binder
to whatever is trying to override them without warnings.

  I am seeing some very odd behaviour. On the initial compile things
work as expected. If I keep deleting ~/.cache it keeps workings. If I
don't delete the cache then it doesnt work and complains about trying
to apply the name of my dupli-removing function. What's even odder is
that if I disable auto-compilation, delete cache, and run it, it
doesn't work either.

  I've reduced it down to the attached files.

  run
  $ guile -L . test.scm
  then run it again

  any help would be very much appreciated.

--
Tristan Colgate-McFarlane
----