Re: RPX 1.0 available

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: RPX 1.0 available
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 11:18:41 +0100

() address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
() Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:12:14 +0100

   Hello!

Greetings!

   Excellent, and nice to see it’s 100% Scheme code!

Well, as you can see, *which* 100% is still a question...

   I’m looking forward for the 1.9/2.0 port.  :-)

Me too.

   Currently ‘ttn-do’ fails to build for me with 1.9:

   ERROR: In procedure module-variable:
   ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting module): #f
   ERROR: In procedure module-variable:
   ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting module): #f

Thanks for reporting this.  I don't expect to address this problem
specifically; perhaps it will sort itself out in the scheduled general
revamping of ttn-do (you can monitor its NEWS for "tested with Guile
1.9").

   BTW, what would you think of releasing the X11-related part of
   ‘ttn-do’ as a standalone library?

I'd rather get all of ttn-do to be Guile 1.9 hostable, then do the
split.  I think that would be most expedient.  On the other hand, the
X11-related parts could do with some re-design -- both interface and
internals -- and that might benefit from early separation.  More modular
requires more communication (between programmers, the code itself, and
client code), which is a struggle for old frogs like me, but seems to be
like water to you tadpoles.  Hmmm, we'll see...

   Should read: http://www.gnuvola.org/software/rpx/ .

Good catch; thanks.

thi