Re: guile and libtool versions

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: guile and libtool versions
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:56:03 +0200

Hi Kevin,

I suggest installing libtool-1.5.6 from your distro's packages, if
possible. Or better, libtool 2.2.6b from packages.

On Thu 15 Apr 2010 18:21, "Luc, Kevin" <address@hidden> writes:

>   I have installed guile 1.8.7 and libtool-1.5.6.  When I try to run my test
> app I get the following error:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.0: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

Try running the equivalent of "ldd" on your binary, and on libguile.so,
to see what it's trying to pull in. You should get a message if your
system can't find libldtl.so.

> I also tried to create a symbolic link:

This way lies madness :) It's easy to mess up a system if you go too far
down this road.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/