Re: Strange behavior with delayed objects

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: Strange behavior with delayed objects
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:53:57 -0500

On 4 May 2010 11:59, user8472 <address@hidden> wrote:

> becomes
> streams.scm:601:14: While evaluating arguments to stream-map in expression
> (stream-map f y):
> streams.scm:601:14: Variable used before given a value: y
> ABORT: (unbound-variable)
>
> So something is still not quite right.

My bad, I completely failed to notice that delayed evaluation
was a part of the problem.  Can you simplify the example to
its barest elements that still provoke the error? Hopefully,
this will provide a clue to what the true as to what the
problem is. (Not having seen the definition of "integral",
I'm wondering whether some failure to initialize y to y0
might have something to do with it ... some missing force
somewhere ...  but that's a wild and probably wrong guess).

--linas